Sunday, April 29, 2012

My First Signing EVER!!!

      So, I went to my first ever author event yesterday with Sarah (from thebooklife) and Shannon. While we were there we met up with a different Sarah and Jenna. It was a GREAT night. We had to much fun. The authors were Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me) and Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky).

Shatter Me

     I HAVE read Shatter Me and it was AMAZING. Starts off a little slow, but stick with the book for about 2 chapters and you will begin to fall in love. Each character has so many different dimensions, you just can't WAIT to find out what the second book (Unravel ME) will be like. 

Under the Never Sky
    Sadly, I have not yet read Under the Never Sky, but I DO have a copy now and can't wait to tear into it. The story seems amazing!!! 

    I promise to give both books a more detailed review as soon as possible! I can't gush enough about last night's event. I was SO nervous about meeting actual authors for the first time. The wonderfully creative minds behind the worlds we LOVE to lose ourselves in. Would they be nice? Would they be snobby? Would they just sign my books and move on without so much as a hello? 

    Both authors were really sweet and super easy to talk to, PLUS due to their amazing generosity, I came back with stuffs for a little giveaway! I will make it all official soon, but be on the look out!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie! Yay for book signings! I had fun walking around Coral Gables and singing songs with you and Sarah in the car. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great good night! Can't wait for the next signing!!!

    ReplyDelete