Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jane Austen Diaries

Author : Jenni James
Release Date : August 3, 2011
Taylor always gets what he wants until now ....
       Chloe Elizabeth Hart despises the conceited antics of the popular crowd, or more importantly, one very annoying self-possessed guy, Taylor Anderson, who seems determined to make her the president of his fan club! As if! Every girl in the whole city of Farmington, New Mexico, is in love with him, but he seems to be only interested in Chloe. This modern high school adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is a battle of wits as Chloe desperately tries to remain the only girl who can avoid the inevitable falling for Taylor.


Release Date : January 31, 2012
Sometimes a guy IS even better than you imagined ...
       The Russo Family and Seattle, Washington, Are no match for Claire Hart and her savvy Knowledge of all Things Vampire-related. Thanks to her Obsession with the Twilight Series, if anyone There IS who would know a Vampire WHEN She saw One, it's Claire and She's positive totally Hot Tony Russo IS a Vampire -.!. She just HAS to prove it. In this Modern Retelling of Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, follow Claire's Hilarious Journey on her first Summer Adventure away from home, where She Learns Everything Is not what is seems, and that in some instances, reality is way better than anything she'd ever find in a book.




Release Date : July 17, 2012
Will he take her back, or fling her aside like she deserves?
Three years ago, Amanda made ​​the Biggest Mistake of her Life. She let her  Friends Persuade her to REJECT the guy She loved. They Were convinced he WAS a Loser and wasn ¹ t good enough for her.  Now Gregory ¹ s back in farmington ... Taller, stronger, hotter than ever,  and worth Millions. gorgeous Those who Snubbed Girls Are Now Before him  falling at his feetCan he See Past the Pain Caused him and Amanda Give her a Second Chance? Or  She Will Forever Regret Losing the only guy who truly loved her?


Release Date : December 28, 2012
Sometimes love IS Blind. 
       Emmalee Bradford thinks She's an Expert at matchmaking, and She Will not rest until all her Friends Are as happy as She IS. Especially Hannah, the girl She's Decided to make popular. Everyone Loves Emmalee's Advice-everyone, That IS, except her Annoying neighbor Chase Anderson, who HAS taken it upon himself to "fix" her. This Modern version of Jane Austen's Emma IS the Hilarious Journey of a girl who Believes She Knows all about love. But WHEN it Comes to Recognizing the Perfect guy for her, Emmalee is absolutely clueless.



Release Date : December 25, 2013
Does true love really PREVAIL?  
       All Lilly Price HAS ever known IS Living in the Shadow of her Widely successful foster Family. WHEN But a twist of fate Deals Lilly the hand of Harrison Crawford, the most popular guy in Bloomfield, NM, flips Everything Upside down. Sean Benally IS a hard worker, he's Funny, he's generous, and he's kind. He's Also the most amazing guy Lilly HAS ever known. And She's totally fallen in love with him. But he's her foster Brother ...  Now She MUST choose Between the unavailable love of her life-or the guy who promises to be available forever.



    Being in Japan, I find that I have been reading a lot more lately. Sadly, the number of books available that I can actually read is extremely limited, so my e-reader is kind of my lifeline, and running out of books while away from an internet connection is especially tragic. On a particularly rainy sunday, I experienced this exact brand of heartache, and decided to search for some new ones at the coffee shop near the station. There is free wi-fi, tasty white chocolate mochas, and I can purchase the means to feed my book addiction in peace, but where to start? I'm not going to lie, since leaving the book store and entering first the teaching field, and now the engineering one, I have fallen out of touch with the literary community. What are the kids reading these days? Is there anything good out, I had no idea, so I just started poking around in the "free" and $ 2.99 book sections. I started by looking for fairy tale adaptations (found some pretty good ones, too) the I saw "Pride and Popularity" and the everything just fell into place.

    Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books, even though it is written in super old English, I can sit and read that book over and over again without ever getting tired of Lizzie Bennett and Mr. Darcy. So, finding an adaptation of this much beloved novel, I decided to give it a try, beside at $ 4.99 / book the series showed promise from the get go. I DEVOURED this book. There isn't a single part of this book that I can single out as a particular highlight. I started reading around 4 in the afternoon, and could not put it down until the very last page was turned around 1am Monday morning. (Did I mention that i had to wake up for work at 4am? Yes, it was that good). The next day, I needed ANOTHER new book, and I knew exactly where to find it. I went directly to "Northanger Alibi", "Persuaded", "Emmalee", and "Mansfield Ranch." I read every single one cover to cover in one go. I couldn't put them down. When I finished "Mansfield Ranch" and found out the next book, "Sensible and Sensational" was not due out until December, I think I died a little inside. I wasn 't ready to leave Farmington and all of the characters that I have grown to love so much. What wasI going to do until December????? This was as bad as a breakup! After a good long cry and a carton full of ice cream, I did the only thing I COULD do. Find a book that looked an awful lot like the ones that just broke up with me. So, I am now happily on my 4th Jane Austen novel and we've never been happier .


     .I highly recommend this series I loved getting to know these characters and joining their incredible journeys: Falling in love with them, laughing with them, crying with them, I just couldn't get enough They brought Ms Austen alive for me in a whole new way, and I can't say enough about them. But don't just take my word for it. See for yourself! Each book can stand alone, they may reference the others, but the story lines don't depend on one another. Happy Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment